People living in Liverpool can now access urgent medical advice online at: www.111.nhs.uk.
This new, free service provides health advice and signposting to urgent care services online, as a convenient digital alternative to using the NHS 111 telephone helpline.
After asking you to enter your postcode and symptoms, it will give you tailored advice on how to manage them, and/or generate a call back from a healthcare professional, if required.
Patient Access Online
Before you can start using Patient Access to book appointments, order repeat prescriptions online, or request access to your medical records you must ask at reception for this service.
To do the following use the Patient Access login
- Create your account
- Book an appointment
- Order repeat prescription or book an appointment
- Request online access to your medical records. In order to request online access to your medical records you must first obtain an application form by contacting the reception team.
We encourage patients to download the NHS app, for booking appointments, ordering your repeat prescription, and viewing your medical record.
What the NHS App does
Use the NHS App to:
- check your symptoms
- find out what to do when you need help urgently
- book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
- securely view your GP medical record
- register to be an organ donor
- choose how the NHS uses your data
Get help with the app
If you have any issues using or downloading the app, check the NHS App help and support page.